4DQV focuses on mathematically-principled, physics-based and modern machine learning methods. We investigate applications of deep learning and other techniques in computer vision and graphics. We invite motivated students with a strong background in mathematics, physics and machine learning to apply. As we are an interdisciplinary group, mathematicians and physicists are warmly encouraged to apply.
How to apply (PhD position, internship/remote internship, a working student job)
Please send your application to Vladislav Golyanik (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please be specific and factual.
The application should include:
- A cover letter describing your current or latest accomplished study programme and university, your estimation of the relevant background and experience and what type of position you are interested in
- Research statement, i.e., at most a page-long description of your research interests and plans, including why you are interested in working at/with 4DQV
- Your up-to-date CV
- Latest academic transcripts of records
- Optionally: reference letters (free format) and a list of publications
- Solid knowledge of mathematics (linear algebra, calculus and optimisation)
- Relevant experience or courses in computer vision, computer graphics, machine learning and quantum computing (depending on your interests)
- Strong programming skills
- Motivation to work on one of the topics in the scope of 4DQV and improve upon the existing state of the art
- Advanced scientific writing skills
What you can expect:
- A lot of fun working on challenging projects targeted at improving upon the current state of the art
- "Quality of work and fun first" attitude
- A collaborative, open and supportive team
- Regular encounters and exchange with the entire group and department
- Regular (usually, weekly) meetings with the supervisor