About usWelcome to the web page of the 4D and Quantum Vision (4DQV) group led by Dr. Vladislav Golyanik.
The focus of our team lies on 3D reconstruction and analysis of general deformable scenes, 3D reconstruction of the human body and matching problems on point sets and graphs. We are interested in neural approaches (both supervised and unsupervised), physics-based methods as well as new hardware and sensors (e.g., quantum computers and event cameras). We are integrated in the Visual Computing and Artificial Intelligence Department (D6) and working closely with Prof. Christian Theobalt.
Many research questions at the intersection of computer graphics, computer vision and machine learning involve challenging search problems (e.g., graph matching) or the optimisation of non-convex objectives. For such problems, we develop new algorithmic formulations that can be solved on modern adiabatic quantum annealers or universal quantum computers and investigate which advantages these approaches offer compared to existing classical methods.
Our reserach interests include (but are not limited to):
- 3D Reconstruction and Tracking of Rigid and Non-Rigid Scenes and Objects
- Neural Rendering
- Point Set Registration and Matching Problems
- Quantum Algorithms for Computer Vision and Graphics
- Event-based Approaches in Vision and Graphics
|State of the Art in Dense Monocular Non-Rigid 3D Reconstruction. E. Tretschk*, N. Kairanda*, M. B R, R. Dabral, A. Kortylewski, B. Egger, M. Habermann, P. Fua, C. Theobalt and and V. Golyanik. * equal contribution. Conditionally Accepted in Eurographics 2023 (Full STARs). [draft] [project page] [bibtex]|
|Advances in Neural Rendering. A. Tewari*, J. Thies*, B. Mildenhall*, P. Srinivasan*, E. Tretschk, Y. Wang, C. Lassner, V. Sitzmann, R. Martin-Brualla, S. Lombardi, C. Theobalt, M. Niessner, J. T. Barron, G. Wetzstein, M. Zollhöfer and V. Golyanik. * equal contribution. State of the Art Report at Eurographics 2022. [paper] [project page] [bibtex]|
Master thesis students
- Artur Jesslen (Master thesis, 2022)
- Erik Johnson (Master thesis, 2022)
- Maximilian Krahn (Bachelor thesis, 2021)
- 22.12.2022: [New] A state of the art report (STAR) conditionally accepted at EUROGRAPHICS 2023.
- 16.12.2022: [New] We are going to organise a Workshop on Quantum Computer Vision and Machine Learning at CVPR 2023; in collaboration with Tongyang Li, Jan-Nico Zaech, Martin Danelljan, Jacob Biamonte and Tolga Birdal. More details coming soon.
- 13.12.2022: [New] Two articles conditionally accepted at EUROGRAPHICS 2023.
- 08.12.2022: [New] V. Golyanik gave a talk titled Advances in Quantum Computer Vision at the Workshop on Quantum Information at Saarland University (event poster). The slides can be found here. Many thanks to the organisers for making such an event happen!
- 21.10.2022: [New] An article on random number generation on quantum annealers accepted at IEEE Access.
- 05.10.2022: [New] The source code of MoCapDeform is now available here: GitHub link.
- 30.09.2022: [New] A paper on high-fidelity 3D human performance capture accepted at BMVC 2022.
- 12.09.2022: [New] MoCapDeform received Best Student Paper Award at 3DV 2022.
- 05.08.2022: A paper on global 3D human motion capture (MoCapDeform) accepted at 3DV 2022.
- 25.07.2022: 4DQV will present several papers at ECCV 2022:
- 04.07.2022: The source code of Physical Inertial Poser (PIP) is now available here: GitHub link.
- 27.06.2022: The source code of φ-SfT ist now available here: GitHub link.
- 21.04.2022: The source code of Neural PhysCap is now available via GitHub.
- 19.02.2022: We are co-organising a tutorial associated with our STAR on Advances in Neural Rendering on the 27th of April at EUROGRAPHICS'22.
- 28.03.2022: 4DQV will present three papers at CVPR 2022:
- 11.02.2022: State of the art report on neural rendering (the updated version) accepted at EUROGRAPHICS'22.
- 25.10.2021: The source code of Convex Joint Graph Matching and Clustering via Semidefinite Relaxations is released.
- 18.10.2021: An article is accepted at TPAMI (HandVoxNet++).
- 17.10.2021: Two papers accepted at 3DV 2021 (about graph matching and clustering and human image generation).
- 13.10.2021: EventHands is mentioned in ICCV 2021 Daily.
- 12.10.2021: The source code of GraviCap is released on GitHub
- 11.10.2021: The source code of Q-Match is released on GitHub.
- 27.09.2021: The source code of EventHands is released on GitHub.
- 08.09.2021: Dennis Willsch gave a 4DQV Lecture Series talk titled Applications on Quantum Annealers at Jülich Supercomputing Centre. The video can be found here.
- 19.08.2021: We are going to present the following works at ICCV 2021: GraviCap, Non-Rigid Neural Radiance Fields, Iterative Shape Matching via Quantum Annealing and EventHands.
- 05.07.2021: The source code of PhysCap is now available here.
- Seminar CVMLCG 2021, Saarland University
- Seminar CVMLCG 2020, Saarland University
- Seminar CVMLCG 2019, Saarland University
- Tutorial on Advances in Neural Rendering (on YouTube)
- 3D Computer Vision: From a Classical to a Quantum Perspective, SIC Lecture Series
- CG-Lunch Talk about Q-Match (Seelbach Benkner et al., ICCV 2021)
- How to Give a Good Online Scientific Talk (Presentation, CVMLCG seminar 2021)
- MoCapDeform, Li et al., 3DV 2022.
- UnrealEgo, Akada et al., ECCV 2022.
- QuMoSeg, Arrigoni et al., ECCV 2022.
- NeRF-OSR, Rudnev et al., ECCV 2022.
- Physical Inertial Poser (PIP), Yi et al., CVPR 2022.
- φ-SfT: Shape-from-Template with a Physics-Based Deformation Model., Kairanda et al., CVPR 2022.
- Playable Environments: Video Manipulation in Space and Time, Menapace et al., CVPR 2022.
- Joint Graph Matching and Clustering, Krahn et al., 3DV 2021.
- Neural PhysCap, Shimada et al., SIGGRAPH 2021.
- Non-Rigid NeRF, Tretschk et al., ICCV, 2021.
- EventHands, Rudnev et al., ICCV 2021.
- Q-Match, Seelbach Benkner et al., ICCV 2021.
- GraviCap, Dabral et al., ICCV 2021.
- Human Motion Transfer, Kappel et al., CVPR 2021.
- Differentiable Event Stream Simulator, Nehvi et al., CVPRW, 2021 (*upon request, please get in touch)
- PhysCap, Shimada et al., SIGGRAPH ASIA, 2020.
- Quantum Graph Matching, Seelbach Benkner et al., 3DV, 2020.
- Neural Dense NRSfM, Sidhu et al., ECCV, 2020.
- Hand Texture Model, Qian et al., ECCV, 2020.
- PatchNets, Tretschk et al., ECCV, 2020.
- DispVoxNets, Shimada et al., 3DV, 2019.
- IsMO-GAN, Shimada et al., CVPRW, 2019.
Open Positions at 4DQV
- Postdoc (all fields in the scope of 4DQV): please get in touch if interested
- PhD student at 4DQV (Non-Rigid 3D Scene Reconstruction): how to apply
- PhD student at 4DQV (Neural Rendering): how to apply
- PhD student at 4DQV (Quantum Computer Vision): how to apply
- Visiting PhD student/Intern: how to apply